Maisonneuve Region [multiple media]
Notice descriptive – Brève1
Maisonneuve Region [multiple media]
- Niveau hiérarchique :
- Date :
- Référence :
- R1195-9-6-E, RG52, RG52M 70/7246, RG52M 70/23217, RG52M 72/2305, RG52M 72/5580, RG52M 73/14571, RG52M 85603/67, RG52M 78903/34, RG52M 923015
- Genre de documents :
- Documents textuels, Dessins d'architecture et techniques, Cartes et documents cartographiques
- Trouvé dans :
- Archives / Collections et fonds
- No d’identification :
- Contexte de cette notice :
Notice descriptive – Détails
- Série comprend :
47 description(s) de niveau inférieurVoir description(s) de niveau inférieur
- Date(s) :
- Équivalent bilingue :
- Cliquez ici
- Lieu de création :
- Sans lieu, inconnu ou indéterminé
- Étendue :
m of textual records
ca. 942 technical drawings and other technical drawing some blueprints, some ink on tracing linen.
ca. 448 maps and other cartographic material chiefly ink on tracing linen.
41 architectural drawings some blueprints, some ink on tracing linen.
38 pieces (75 leaves) ink on tracing linen.
10 leaves chiefly ink on tracing linen.
- Langue du document :
- Langue du document additionnelle :
- anglais, français
- Portée et contenu :
This is a preliminary record, please consult the linked accessions. Series consists of files created and/or maintained by the St. Lambert Office of the St. Lawrence Seaway Authority. These are central registry files pertaining to procurement contracts and construction, maintenance and repair Contracts of the locks at St. Lambert, Quebec.
Cartographic material, architectural drawing, technical drawing: RG52M 70/7246 consists of engineering drawings of the construction of the Soulanges Canal; RG52M 923015 consists of engineering plans of its Section 13. RG52M 70/23217 consists of proposed engineering schemes for the old International Section. RG52M 72/2305 consists of plans of projects showing water levels, diversion projects, proposed locks, the layout of Victoria Bridge (St. Lambert, PQ), and topographic and hydropgraphic conditions. RG52M 72/5580 consists primarily of general plans involving the expansion of the Seaway in the eastern region. RG52M 73/14571 consists of plans of the Lachine Canal and the Rapide Plat Canal, including store sheds, drainage systems and enlargement of the canals. RG52M 78903/34 consists of projects by the Joint Board of Engineers, and includes: improvements to the waterway, recommended projects, development of power, soundings and dredgings. RG52M 85603/67 consists of plans pertaining to bridges, buildings, equipment, property etc., from the following: Cornwall Canal, Galops Canal, St. Peters Canal, Rapide Plat Canal, Williamsburg Canal, Canso Crossing and Beauharnois Canal.
- Nom(s) additionnel(s) :
- Dominion Bridge Company
- Canada. Dept. of Public Works
- Canada. Transport Canada
- Canada. Dept. of Railways and Canals. Office of the Superintending Engineer, Soulanges Canal
- Canada. St. Lawrence River Joint Board of Engineers
- St. Lawrence Seaway Authority (Canada). Eastern Region
- Munro, Thomas, fl. 1850-1903
- Biographie/Histoire administrative :
St. Lawrence Seaway Authority (Canada). Eastern Region : The Eastern Region, now known as the Maisonneuve Region, extends from Montreal to Lake Ontario. The headquarters is located in St. Lambert, Quebec, as is the Engineering Services Branch office. The Maisonneuve Region administration is comprised of three divisions under the responsibility of a vice-president. The Administrative Services Division supplies the human resources necessary to support the rest of the organization. The Engineering and Maintenance Division is responsible for making the regional structures available so as to permit the most efficient and continuous movement of vessel traffic. It provides systems for regular preventive maintenance in the civil, electrical and mechanical trades. The Operations Division administers the movements of vessels from Montreal to Lake Ontario through the operation of a vessel traffic control centre, also located in Saint-Lambert, and several structures such as locks and bridges. It ensures safe, efficient and expedient vessel transits in accordance with Seaway regulations, policies and programs, regional operating procedures and federal statutes.
- Instrument de recherche :
Cartographic material (Papier) Both finding aids consist of an itemized list. For RG52M 70/23217, there is also a typed listing of the 52 plans sent to Library and Archives Canada. RG52M 70/23217; RG52M 78903/34 Finding aids available in main reference room. (90: Ouvert)Multiple media (Papier) Both finding aids consist of item listings. Acquisition documentation file for RG52M 72/5580 also contains a location list sorted by bundle number, and an index sorted by locality. RG52M 85603-67 is also indexed according to subject. RG52M 72/5580; RG52M 85603/67 Finding aids available in the main reference room. (90: Ouvert)Technical drawing, cartographic material (Papier) RG52M 70/7246 consists of an item listing on catalogue cards placed in the acquisition documentation file. RG52M 72/2305 consists of an item listing. There is also an index, sorted by locality, to facilitate access to these plans. The item listing and the index do not include the missing plans. RG52M 923015 consists of an item listing. RG52M 70/7246; RG52M 72/2305; RG52M 923015 Finding aids available in main reference room. (90: Ouvert)Architectural drawing, cartographic material (Papier) Finding aid consists of an item listing. The acquisition documentation file also contains a listing of the 30 plans sent to Library and Archives Canada. RG52M 73/14571 Finding aid available in main reference room. (90: Ouvert)
- Information additionnelle :
- Note générale :
- Cartographic material, architectural drawing, technical drawing - RG52M 70/23217: Items are rolled. RG52M 73/14571: In addition to the three missing plans, accession lacks items #21-25. RG52M 923015: Items #49 and 50 are rolled.
- Source du titre :
- Title is based on the contents of the series.
- Note sur la description matérielle :
- Technical drawing: Also consists of 164 diagrams. Cartographic material: Also consists of 23 profiles.
- Note sur l'état de conservation :
- Cartographic material, architectural drawing, technical drawing - RG52M 70/23217: Item #43 needs tear repair. RG52M 73/14571: Some items have tears along edges. RG85603/67: Some items have holes punched along one side. RG52M 923015: Item #27 has many tears and requires conservation. Items #49-50 are dirty and have tears along the edges.
- Historique de la conservation :
- RG52M 70/7246 transferred from Public Works to the Picture Division, which accessioned the collection as #1996-87, and then transferred it to the Cartographic and Architectural Records Section in 1970. RG52M 70/23217 transferred in Dec. 1970 from the St. Lawrence Seaway engineering office in Montreal through the Seaway's Chief of Administrative Services in Cornwall, ON. RG52M 72/2305 and RG52M 72/5580 transferred in 1972 from the SLSA. RG52M 73/14571 transferred in 1973 from the SLSA. RG52M 78903/34 transferred from the SLSA to the National Map Collection, but was accessioned at a later date. RG52M 85603/67 was received in Feb. 1985 by the Federal Archives Division from the SLSA, and transferred in Feb. 1986 to the NMC. RG52M 923015 - provenance is uncertain.
- Note sur le classement :
- RG52M 85603/67: Plans and drawings prepared by the Dept. of Transport (a few for predecessor depts.), and the St. Lawrence Seaway Authority, are arranged by numbered plan or drawing in various series, with a few unnumbered items at the end.
- Données mathématiques sur les documents :
- Architectural drawing, cartographic material, technical drawing: Scales differ.
- Note sur l'étendue originelle :
- Cartographic material, architectural drawing, technical drawing - RG52M 70/23217: Originally 52 plans were received. One item was disposed of as a duplicate. There is no record of what happened to the other 8 items. RG52M 72/2305: Originally received 39 plans, but 5 are missing. There is nothing in the acquisition documentation file about their disposal. RG52M 73/14571: Originally received 30 items. Acquisition documentation file indicates that 3 plans are missing. RG52M 923015: Originally received 50 items, but 3 were disposed as duplicates.
- Note des copies/versions :
- Cartographic material, architectural drawing, technical drawing: The following material has been microfilmed: RG52M 70/23217 - item #21; RG52M 72/5580 - items #19, 20, 31, 41, 42, 55-58, 106, 110, 130, 131, 133, 135a, 173, 187, 194-196, 203, 237, 239, 281, 286, 291, and 407; RG52M 85603-67 - items #2, 4, 6, 21, 56, 69, 83, 92 and 363; RG52M 923015 - items #1-11, 13-23, 25-39, and 41-43. Their NMC microfiche numbers are in the respective finding aids.
- Estampillage :
- RG52M 73/14571: Architectural, technical drawings - Some drawings are stamped on verso: Dominion Bridge Co. Limited Drawing Office; cartographic material - file name, drawing and case numbers are stamped on the bottom of these sheets.
- Signatures et inscriptions :
- RG52M 923015: Some of the items are signed by Thomas Munro, engineer.
- Versements complémentaires :
- Further accruals are expected.
- Source :
- Ancien no de référence archivistique :
Pour réserver ou acheter des documents
- Conditions d'accès :
Afficher les détails Masquer les détails Chargement, veuillez patienter...
- Modalités d'utilisation :
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Vous pouvez réserver des documents à l'avance pour qu'ils soient disponibles lors de votre visite. Vous aurez besoin d'une carte utilisateur pour ce faire.
Vous ne pouvez pas nous rendre visite ? Vous pouvez acheter une reproduction qui vous sera envoyée. Certaines restrictions peuvent s'appliquer.
- Date de modification :