Ste.-Anne de la Pocatière Experimental Station [textual record, graphic material]
Notice descriptive – Brève1
Ste.-Anne de la Pocatière Experimental Station [textual record, graphic material]Niveau hiérarchique :Sous-sérieDate :1910-1976Référence :R194-130-4-E, RG17-B-VII-2-gGenre de documents :Documents textuels, Documents photographiquesTrouvé dans :Archives / Collections et fondsNo d’identification :156479
Notice descriptive – DétailsSous-série comprend :82 description(s) de niveau inférieurVoir description(s) de niveau inférieurDate(s) :1910-1976Lieu de création :Québec (Province)Étendue :0.6 m of textual records.
81 photographs: prints, b&w.Langue du document :anglaisLangue du document additionnelle :anglais, françaisPortée et contenu :Series consists of files containing studies, research projects, reports, some photographs, plans and correspondence relating to the Experimental Station's activities for the period 1945-1965. Also included are a number of files from the Caplan substation, for which the La Pocatière Experimental Station was responsible.
Series also includes a group of photographs documenting various farm buildings (houses, barns, hen-houses, etc.) over a period of years, including their construction. Years covered are between 1921 and 1958, predominant 1935-1955.Nom(s) additionnel(s) :Biographie/Histoire administrative :Canada. Dept. of Agriculture. Experimental Farm (Ste.-Anne de la Pocatière, Que.) : The Experimental Station at Ste.-Anne de la Pocatière, Quebec, was established in 1910, and was responsible for conducting research into urgent farm problems for the immediate districts of the St. Lawrence Valley and the Gaspe Peninsula. In particular, the Station was concerned with methods of obtaining high yields with feed and cash crops, the breeding and management of livestock for a high production of milk, meat, eggs or wool, and the raising of good breeding draught horses. IN 1989 the Station was taken over by the Lennoxville Research Centre of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. RG17 General InventoryInstrument de recherche :Information additionnelle :Source du titre :Title is based on the contents of the series.Historique de la conservation :The photographs of various farm buildings were transferred to the Visual and Sound Archives Division in 1993. See Photo accession file 1993-187.Versements complémentaires :No further accruals are expected.Source :Gouvernement
Pour réserver ou acheter des documents
- Date de modification :