Maps [cartographic material, textual record, graphic material]
Notice descriptive – Brève
Maps [cartographic material, textual record, graphic material]
- Niveau hiérarchique :
- Date :
- Référence :
- R112-112-2-E, RG24, RG24-G-3-1, RG24M 1997-02033-5, RG24M 71/8708, RG24M 84502/8
- Genre de documents :
- Cartes et documents cartographiques, Art, Documents textuels, Documents photographiques
- Trouvé dans :
- Archives / Collections et fonds
- No d’identification :
- Contexte de cette notice :
Notice descriptive – Détails
- Sous-série comprend :
9 description(s) de niveau inférieurVoir description(s) de niveau inférieur
- Date(s) :
- Équivalent bilingue :
- Lieu de création :
- Sans lieu, inconnu ou indéterminé
- Étendue :
ca. 3330 maps
35 remote-sensing images
1 m of textual records
4 leaves : typescript ; 51 x 59 cm or smaller.
ca. 620 aerial photographs, and 0.5m of accompanying textual material
ca. 300 architectural plans
- Langue du document :
- Portée et contenu :
This is a preliminary record, not all records are processed, please consult the linked accessions. Sub-series consists of maps and photographs transferred to the National Archives from DHist. RG24M 71/8708 consists of a map entitled, "The unveiling of the National War Memorial, Ottawa, by his Majesty the King, 1100 hrs., Sunday 21st May 1939", prepared by the Engineering Branch, Dept. of National Defence. RG24M 84502/8 consists of Second World War situation maps of the European and North African theaters, dated 1942-1945. Accession includes: 1944 Sicily and Italy campaigns, including items collected by Col. Gerald Nicholson; France 1944 - Canadian Engineers Branch HQ, 1st Canadian Army; Jan. 1945 Holland and Germany soil maps - Royal Canadian Engineers, 1st Canadian Army; Aug. 1944 to Apr. 1945, Germany Army, periodical schematic orders of battle - Armed Forces High Command; June 1944 to May 1945 European operations of 1st Army (American); Italian Campaign, Sept. 1943 to Jan. 1945 - Historical Section, General Staff, Canadian Military HQ, London; and British mapping of the North African theatre, Aug. to Oct. 1942. RG24M 1997-02033-5 includes cartographic material collected or produced by the cartographers at the Directorate of History. For the arrangement please see the lower level descriptions. Thirty-four map sheets pertaining to the National Topographic Series Air Edition [Canada] 1:506,880 were catalogued with the series as G3401.P6 s506 .C36, and one sheet [Canada] 1:506,880, sheet 103 SE 1947 was catalogued with the series at G3400 s506 .C36. 1982-018 NPC comprises aerial oblique views of France (1917-1918) by the Royal Flying Corps / Royal Air Force; Panoramic views of Belgian and French locations (1915) by the Royal Engineers; Panoramic views of terrain in France (1916-1918) by the Royal Engineers; Officers and N.C.O.'s of Royal Canadian Regiment, possibly Valcartier, Que., ca. 1914. Material from legacy registration no. 97-054 consists of photographic material with cartographic content. It includes Aerial Bomb Damage Reconnaissance Photos & Related Materials: German, Dutch & French Targets 1943-45 R.A.F. Bomber Command. Organized by location in individual files, and each file may contain: interpretation reports; immediate interpretation reports; damage plots; plots of night photos; target photos; and "mosaic" photos (several photos joined to create larger view of an area). Locations include: Versailles, LeMans, St. Valeryan Caux, L'Hey, Haine St. Pierre, Chantilly, Foret de Nieppe, Aulnoye, Bremont, Vaires, Villeneuve St. George, Trouville, Castrop-Rauxel, Duisburg, Aufevre (Cherbourg), Leuna (Merseburg), Hildesheim, Houlgate, Lutzkendorf, Leipzig, Ludwigshafen, Wanne-Eickel, Brunswick, Aachen/Rothe-Erde, Friedrichshafen, Frankfurt, Gelsenkirchen, Ghent, Hannover, Harburg, Dresden, Pforzheim, Magdeburg, Wesseling, Stuttgart, Stettin, Soesterberg, Bourg Leopold, Bottorop, Railway tunnel near Boos, Bordeaux, Bouchemaine Bridge, Bourg. Leopold, Bourrow-Marlotte - Army Depot, Bocholt (Town area), Bochum, Bohlen, Billancourt, Bingen Oil Depot, Birresborn, Bischofsheim, Bitburg, Bittefeld, Blankenheim, Blainville, Blaye Oil Storage, Blois St. Denis. Bielefeld, Bernburg, Berra, Bergen-Holland, Bettembourg, Betzdorf Rail Centre, Beury Power Station, Beziers Biarritz, Bonn, Biblis Airfield (see volumes R112 39 to 42, 44). Also, 6 maps ca. WW1 (various sizes) of France ed.6 36C S.E, Carency (France) ed. 7 36B S.E., France ed. 6 51B N.W., Hollebeke 2nd ed. sheet 7, Ap. 1917 to 15 Aug 1918, 1st Army Panorama No. P 123 made on 23-6-17 (For the use of the 36th and 33rd Bty.) (see volume R112-54).
- Nom(s) additionnel(s) :
- Instrument de recherche :
Cartographic material, graphic material, textual record (Électronique) Finding aid is a list of the item level. RG24M 1997-02033-5 (Limites non établies)Cartographic material, graphic material, textual record (Électronique) Finding aids consists of lists of the item level. 24-323: RG24M 84502/8; RG24M 1997-02033-5. Finding aids are available in main reference room. (90: Ouvert)
- Information additionnelle :
- Source du titre :
- Title is based on the contents of the sub-series.
- Note sur l'état de conservation :
- RG24M 84502/8: Cartographic material: Items with adhesive tape residue are interleaved with acid-free paper. Architectural plans from registration 97-054: to date only 10% of the plans have been flattened.
- Historique de la conservation :
- RG24M 71/8708 was transferred in 1971 from the Directorate of History of the Dept. of National Defence; RG24M 84502/8 was transferred March 1984 from the Directorate of History, D.N.D. RG24M 1997-02033-5 is comprised of two parts: The Lt. Day collection which was given on 12 Feb. 1972 to the Directorate of History by Col. R.M. Day, Commanding Officer of 7 Supply Depot at Canadian Forces Base Edmonton; and the Lt. Price collection which was given on 10 June 1975 to the Directorate of History by his estate.
- Note sur la langue :
- RG24M 84502/8: Some of the items have text in German.
- Données mathématiques sur les documents :
- RG24M 71/8708: Scale [1:480]. RG24M 1997-02033-5: Scales differ.
- Note sur les autres formats physiques disponibles :
- RG24M 1997-02033-5: Items #1-1975 have been microfilmed. The NMC microfiche numbers are listed in the finding aid.
- Note sur l'étendue originelle :
- RG24M 71/8708 originally consisted of 22 items. Four items have been located in the Main Collection, H2/440 Ottawa-1939, F/440 Ottawa-1939 and F/440 Ottawa-(1939); and one item was transferred to the Picture Division in July 1972. The remaining items still have to be located. RG24M 84502/8 originally consisted of 194 items, but 66 were disposed as duplicates. RG24M 1997-02033-5 originally consisted of ca. 4500 maps, ca. 35 aerial photographs, 2 graphic materials and ca. 1 m textual records. In June 1998, ca. 1045 maps were disposed as duplicates.
- Note sur les dates de création :
- RG24M 1997-02033-5: Dates of creation are taken from the finding aid.
- Source :
- Ancien no de référence archivistique :
Pour réserver ou acheter des documents
- Conditions d'accès :
- Modalités d'utilisation :
Copyright belongs to the Crown. Cartographic material: Copyright belongs to the Crown. Credit Library and Archives Canada.
- Date de modification :