Max Saltsman fonds [multiple media]
Notice descriptive – Brève
Max Saltsman fonds [multiple media]
- Niveau hiérarchique :
- Date :
- Référence :
- R3300-0-8-E, MG32-C15
- Genre de documents :
- Documents textuels, Documents photographiques, Documents sonores, Images en mouvement, Cartes et documents cartographiques
- Trouvé dans :
- Archives / Collections et fonds
- No d’identification :
- Contexte de cette notice :
Notice descriptive – Détails
- Fonds comprend :
8 description(s) de niveau inférieurVoir description(s) de niveau inférieur
- Date(s) :
- Lieu de création :
- Sans lieu, inconnu ou indéterminé
- Étendue :
8.2 m of textual records.
11 photographs : 4 b&w, 4 col., 3 col. slides.
10 videocassettes (ca. 4 h, 44 min).
8 audio cassettes (ca. 8 h).
6 audio reels (ca. 7 h).
4 film reels (28 min).
- Langue du document :
- Portée et contenu :
Fonds consists of the following series: Questionnaires, 1968-1977; Constituency correspondence-subject, 1963-1977; Constituency correspondence-nominal, 1969-1977; Parliamentary papers, 1955-1979; Parliamentary papers Turks and Caicos, 1968-1980; Political activities - post Parliamentary, 1979-1984; and Personal papers; 1951-1987.
Fonds also consists of photographs covering various periods in Max Saltsman's career and life, [192?]-1984.
Also included are sound recordings or moving images by or about Saltsman, including the campaign regarding the Turks and Caicos, and programs hosted by Saltsman about the economy, 1972-1984.
Fonds also contains two maps of the Turks & Caicos Islands relating to the proposal, supported by Saltsman to annex the Islands to Canada in the early 1970's.
- Provenance :
- Biographie/Histoire administrative :
Saltsman, Max, 1921-1985 : Max Saltsman was born in Toronto, Ontario in 1921 and was educated at the University of Western Ontario and the University of Waterloo. He served in the Royal Canadian Air Force from 1940 to 1945. In the post-war period, Saltsman was an Adjunct Professor at both the University of Waterloo, Department of Management Science, and Wilfred Laurier University, Department of Political Science. He was an independent businessman, who established a dry cleaning chain. Saltsman entered politics at the municipal level; he served as a School Trustee, City of Galt from 1958 to 1962 and as an Alderman from 1961 to 1965. After his defeat in the 1963 Ontario Provincial election, Saltsman ran successfully in the 1964 by-election in Waterloo South. He was re-elected in 1965, 1968, 1972 and 1974. Saltsman was the N.D.P. spokesman on economic issues from 1968 to 1979. He was a candidate in a 1985 municipal election but withdrew because of his terminal illness. Saltsman proposed that the Turks and Caicos Islands become part of Canada.
- Instrument de recherche :
Textual record (Électronique) This finding aid is a file list of volumes 27 to 41. MSS1446 (90: Ouvert)
http://data2.archives.ca/pdf/pdf002/p000003336.pdfMoving images and sound recordings: (Électronique) Refer to MINISIS for item-level descriptions.Cartographic material. (Papier) Please consult lower level descriptions. Saltsman, Max 923016. (90: Ouvert)
- Information additionnelle :
- Note générale :
- Saltsman's son, Joel Saltsman.
- Note sur les données mathématiques sur les documents cartographiques :
- Scale of one map is 1:10,000.
- Vedette-matière :
- Universities and colleges - Faculty
- Canada 20th century
- Professors - Canada, [after 1945] Galt Dry Cleaning, [between 1951 and 1988]
- Legislators - Canada, [between 1964 and 1977] Ontario Inflation Restraint Board, n.d., 1979-1984
- Abortion - Canada, 1968-1977 Committee for an Independent Canada, n.d., 1979-1984
- Capital punishment - Canada, 1968-1977 New Democratic Party, 1963-1977
- Housing - Canada, 1968-1977 War Measures Act, 1970
- Inflation (Finance) - Canada, 1968-1977
- Canada - Emigration and immigration, 1968-1977
- Quebec (Province) - Politics and government - 1960-1976
- Quebec (Province) - History - 1960-1976
- Gun control - Canada, 1963-1977
- Political parties - Canada, 1963-1977
- Canada - Economic policy, n.d., 1979-1984
- Sir Wilfrid Laurier University - Faculty, [between 1951 and 1988]
- Waterloo Lutheran University - Faculty, [between 1951 and 1988]
- Bilingualism - Canada
- Canada - Foreign relations
- Pensions - Canada
- Source :
- Ancien no de référence archivistique :
Pour réserver ou acheter des documents
- Conditions d'accès :
- Modalités d'utilisation :
Photographs: No restrictions. Various copyright. Credit: Name of photographer / National Archives of Canada / Copy negative no. Cartographic material: No restrictions. Reproduction is available as outlined in the Copyright Act. Recordings: With permission of broadcasters/producers specified in item-level description.
Sound recordings and moving images: Reproduction and use in any form requires the permission of the copyright holders. Please see item-level descriptions for more details.
Moving images: Reproduction with written permission of copyright holders. See item-level descriptions.
- Date de modification :