<De-accessioned> St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church fonds (Ottawa, Ont.) [textual record, sound recording, architectural drawing]
Notice descriptive – Brève1
<De-accessioned> St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church fonds (Ottawa, Ont.) [textual record, sound recording, architectural drawing]Niveau hiérarchique :FondsDate :1828-1985.Référence :R9121-0-3-E, MG9-D7-35Genre de documents :Documents textuels, Documents sonores, Dessins d'architecture et techniquesTrouvé dans :Archives / Collections et fondsNo d’identification :105984Contexte de cette notice :
Notice descriptive – DétailsFonds comprend :1 description(s) de niveau inférieurVoir description(s) de niveau inférieurDate(s) :1828-1985.Lieu de création :OntarioÉtendue :14.21 m of textual records.
1 audio reel.
75 architectural drawingsLangue du document :anglaisPortée et contenu :The fonds consists of the records of the various bodies of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church including those of the Kirk Session, the Temporal Committee and the Glebe Trustees. Also included are the records of the Church's various minsters and the annual reports of the Church as well as copies of "Church Magazine" and other published material. Furthermore, the fonds also contains miscellaneous records such as guest books, an inventory of the St. Andrew's archives, assorted historical material and records from other organizations.
Also included in fonds is a sound recording made by Dr. E.A.G. Shaw, of the acoustics of St. Andrew's Church.
Fonds consists of architectural drawings focusing on such projects as the reinstallation of boilers, additions and alterations to various parts of the church building, the construction of a proposed memorial chapel, the layout of a church amp dining hall, the extension of the Sparks Street Mall and the construction of the federal Department of Justice headquarters building on former church property.Provenance :Biographie/Histoire administrative :St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Ottawa, Ont.) : A Presbyterian congregation was established at Bytown in 1828 and in the same year St. Andrew's Church was erected on its present site, purchased from Nicholas Sparks. Its first minister, the Rev. John Cruikshank, received a call in 1829 and, in 1831, ordained the first three elders to act as a Kirk Session, the body responsible for the spiritual side of church life in a Presbyterian church. The Temporal Committee was consituted in about 1833 to manage the business affairs of the church, and was incorporated in 1868. Then in 1890 the Glebe Trustees were also incorporated to administer the proceeds of a Crown grant which had been made to the church in 1837. Of the many voluntary organizations under the supervision of the Kirk Session which have been formed, and in many cases dissolved, over the years, only a few have left substantial traces in the form of archives. The present church, apart from extensions, was constructed in 1872.Instrument de recherche :Textual records (Électronique) The finding aid provides a more detailed inventory description, a categorically arranged summary of the records, and a complete shelf list of the collection, as well as an introductory essay on the history of St. Andrew's Church and its records that gives some account of its form of church government. The shelf list also indicates which volumes are restricted, and whether applications for access to them must be made directly to St. Andrew's Church or may be granted by the National Archives of Canada. The marriage register in volume 224 has not been added to the finding aid. MSS0850 (90: Ouvert)
http://data2.archives.ca/pdf/pdf001/p000002859.pdfArchitectural, technical drawings (Papier) Please consult lower level descriptions. Finding aid consists of an item listing. 84503/33. Finding aid is available in the main reference room. (90: Ouvert)Information additionnelle :Historique de la conservation :In 1952 the National Archives of Canada microfilmed a baptismal register, 1863-1942, of St. Andrew's Church. In 1972 the National Archives agreed to accept the records of the church on deposit. On the basis of that agreement, material has been periodically transferred by the church, in an on-going manner, up to 1984. Volumes 219-222, containing indexes of St. Andrew's members serving in the armed forces during the Second World War, which are of uncertain provenance, were added to the collection in 1980.
De-accessioned to the City of Ottawa Archives, 1 April 2015.Note sur le classement :St. Andrew's collection of publications includes fairly complete collections of such periodicals as the church's Annual Reports and "Church Magazine", as well as a number of pamphlets and other miscellaneous items. The greater part of the collection, of which particulars are available in Finding Aid No. MSS850, has been transferred to the National Archives of Canada Library.Note sur l'emplacement des originaux :City of Ottawa ArchivesSource :Privé
Pour réserver ou acheter des documents
- Date de modification :