Lowe family fonds [textual record, graphic material]
Notice descriptive – Brève1
Lowe family fonds [textual record, graphic material]Niveau hiérarchique :FondsDate :1840-1957.Référence :R7159-0-6-E, MG30-D35Genre de documents :Documents textuels, Documents photographiques, ArtTrouvé dans :Archives / Collections et fondsNo d’identification :105487Contexte de cette notice :
Notice descriptive – DétailsFonds comprend :20 description(s) de niveau inférieurVoir description(s) de niveau inférieurDate(s) :1840-1957.Lieu de création :Sans lieu, inconnu ou indéterminéÉtendue :40 cm of textual records.
10 photographs b&w.
2 prints graphite, paint, chalk, charcoal on photographic paper backed with linen or canvas.Langue du document :anglaisPortée et contenu :Fonds consists of correspondence, manuscripts and diaries of several members of the Lowe family.
Fonds also consists of 2 carte-de-visite views of the Parliament Buildings, ca. 1867 and ca. 1874, by Stiff Bros.; 7 stereo views of the Ottawa area by Notman Studio of Ottawa; and 1 stereo view of Montmorency Falls by L.P. Vallée.
Fonds also consists of Solar print portraits of an unidentified man and unidentified woman, signed Pittaway's Studio.Provenance :Biographie/Histoire administrative :Lowe, Georges Jacobs, 1836-1906 : George Jacobs Lowe (1836-1906), born in India, came to Canada as a young man. He studied at Trinity University, Toronto and Huron College, London before being ordained by the Church of England in 1865. After serving in parishes in Merrickville, Carleton Place, Brockville and Almonte, he was made a canon of the diocese of Ottawa in 1897. He was the author of a number of theological works, including The Old Faith and the New Philosophy (Toronto, 1900), and contributed to various periodicals.
Lowe, Jessie J : Jessie Lowe was a daughter of Canon Lowe. She spent most of her life in Ottawa and worked for the federal government in various departments including the customs department and the auditor general's office.
Lowe, Mildred : Mildred Lowe was a daughter of Canon Lowe. She was a member of the Canadian Authors' Association, and wrote poetry and prose. She was also the editor and manager of the Monotto Publishing Company, Montreal, which published religious tracts and journals.Information additionnelle :Note générale :Received at various times between 1945 and 1983.Historique de la conservation :The prints were found in a group of frames purchased in Ottawa, Ont. Thought to have been in the house of a Mr. Letch, 150 Homewood (Holmwood?) Ave., Ottawa. Mr. Letch may have been a manager of Loeb wholesalers. A shipping label found on the reverse of one print was dated 19 Feb. 1949, and was from Canadian Pacific Express to Gilbert Letch.Vedette-matière :
- Pocock, Roger
- Parker, Gilbert
- Lowe family, 1840-1957 Mildred Lowe, 1913-1950
- Frederick George Scott - Authorship, 1937 May Bell Marks, 1930
- Frederick George Scott - Poetry, 1937 Robert Manion, 1938
- National songs - Canada, [1880-1906] "Requiescent and Cease Fire ", 1936
- Canon George Jacobs Lowe - Songs and music, [1880-1906] "Mother Nature", 1936
- Ottawa (Ont.) - Dinners and dining, 1904 "Coronation Ode", 1937
- Church of England - Clergy, [1840-1957] Frederick George Scott, 1937
- Church societies - Ontario, 1904 "John Bull and his farm", 1903
- Jessie Lowe - Diaries, [1892-1939] "The Confessions of a Popery Hater", n.d
- Books - Collectors and collecting, 1936 Canon George Jacobs Lowe, n.d., 1903
- Montreal (Quebec) - Libraries, 1936 St. George's Society of Ottawa, 1904
- Church of England - Bishops, 1880-1906 "God Save the Queen", [1880-1906]
- Church of England - United States, 1880-1906 Jack Mitchell, , 1917-1918
- Bishops - United States, 1880-1906 Jessie Lowe, 1892-1939
- Theology, [1880-1906] James McGill, 1936
- Queen's University (Kingston, Ont.) - Degrees, [1880-1906] William Lyon Mackenzie King, 1921
- Publishers and publishing, [1880-1906] Montreal (Quebec), 1936
- Women authors, Canadian, [1880-1957] G.M. Grant, [1880-1906]
- Religious literature - Authorship, [1880-1906] Goldwin Smith, [1880-1906]
- Palmistry, 1921
- Parlementaires Canada
- Legislators Canada
- Hommes politiques Canada
- Politicians Canada
- Prime ministers Canada
- Premiers ministres Canada
Pour réserver ou acheter des documents
- Date de modification :