Boy Scouts of Canada fonds [multiple media]
Notice descriptive – Brève
Boy Scouts of Canada fonds [multiple media]
- Niveau hiérarchique :
- Date :
- 1908-1978, ca. 1989.
- Référence :
- R4619-0-9-E, MG28-I73
- Genre de documents :
- Documents textuels, Documents photographiques, Art, Images en mouvement, Documents sonores, Cartes et documents cartographiques
- Trouvé dans :
- Archives / Collections et fonds
- No d’identification :
- Contexte de cette notice :
Notice descriptive – Détails
- Fonds comprend :
15 description(s) de niveau inférieurVoir description(s) de niveau inférieur
- Date(s) :
- 1908-1978, ca. 1989.
- Lieu de création :
- Sans lieu, inconnu ou indéterminé
- Étendue :
7.9 m of textual records.
3 microfilm reels : negative and positive.
47 photographs b&w, col.
20 film reels (3 h, 10 min).
17 audio reels (ca. 10 h, 38 min).
8 prints lithographs, photolithographs.
- Langue du document :
- Langue du document additionnelle :
- anglais, français
- Portée et contenu :
Fonds consists of minutes of meetings and annual reports, 1914-1968; correspondence files, 1908-1978; and jamborees, n.d., 1929-1977. The fonds contains photographs showing various Boy Scout events, 1930-1973; and posters relating to activities of Boy Scouts in Canada, 1966-1977. The fonds includes sound recordings of the proceedings of jamborees, talks and speeches by scouting officials and public figures about activities, aims, and objectives of the Boy Scouts of Canada; and films of various Scout activities in the Ottawa region, 1931-1964. Also included is one Boy Scouts of Canada "Service Éménté" medal, ca. 1980-1989. Also included in the fonds are maps primarily related to Canada, including road maps and topographic maps produced by the Department of Energy, Mines and Resources, and site plans of the Connaught Rifle Range, 1947-1974.
- Provenance :
- Biographie/Histoire administrative :
Boy Scouts of Canada : Shortly after the publication in England, in 1908, of Robert Baden-Powell's Scouting for Boys, Scout troops were formed spontaneously in Canada. In 1910, a Dominion Council was established and Governor General Earl Grey accepted the position of Chief Scout for Canada. The Boy Scouts Association was incorporated in the United Kingdom two years later. In June 1914, a Canadian branch of that organization - The Canadian General Council of the Boy Scouts Association - was incorporated. In 1920, the International Conference, to which all recognized Boy Scout associations belonged, was formed. As a branch of the United Kingdom association, the Canadian General Council was represented in this body by Imperial Headquarters until 1946 when Canada became an independent member of the International Conference. In 1961 the name Canadian General Council of the Boy Scouts Association was changed to Boy Scouts of Canada/Les Scouts du Canada. The affairs of the corporation are administered and managed by the National Council and its Executive Committee, with responsibilities distributed to a number of Standing Committees. In order to meet the particular needs of French-speaking Catholic Scouts, an affiliation agreement was reached in 1935 between the Canadian General Council and La Federation des Scouts Catholiques de la Province de Quebec. In 1961, however, L'Association des Scouts Catholiques du Canada was created with the intention of obtaining jurisdiction over Catholic scouting throughout Canada, while working in cooperation with the Boy Scouts of Canada. An agreement of affiliation was reached between the two organizations in 1967.
- Instrument de recherche :
Textual records (Électronique) The finding aid is a file list for the original material and an itemized listing of microfilmed material. MSS1284 (90: Ouvert)
http://data2.archives.ca/pdf/pdf001/p000002607.pdfSound recordings: (Papier) PDF of finding aid for accession 1984-0041 is found at the series level. For other audiovisual items, see the Film, Video and Sound database. (90: Ouvert)Moving images: (Électronique) See MISACS for item-level descriptions.Cartographic material (Électronique) Please consult lower level descriptions. 81202/496. (90: Ouvert)Cartographic material (Papier) Please consult lower level descriptions. 81202/496. (90: Ouvert)(Électronique) All or some of the documents described have been digitized and are available at the following address: (90: Ouvert)
- Information additionnelle :
- Note générale :
- A chart relating to the Fathers of Confederation graves sites centennial project has been placed in vertical storage in the Manuscript Division., Material relating to the Boy Scouts Centennial project of locating, restoring, and decorating the grave sites of the Fathers of Confederation was received from the Boy Scouts and the Canadian Centennial Council through F.J. Finlay in 1967. The remainder of the collection was received in 1979 and 1985 from the Boy Scouts of Canada.
- Note sur l'emplacement des originaux :
- Originals with the Boy Scouts of Canada.
- Note sur les autres formats physiques disponibles :
- Microfilm reel numbers C-13937 to C-13941 contain copies of minutes and annual reports.
- Vedette-matière :
- Expo 70
- Boy Scouts of Canada - Minutes, 1914-1968 International Commissioners' Get-Together, 1948, 1958
- Boy Scouts - Canada, 1908-1978 Canadian General Council of the Boy Scouts Association, 1914-1919
- Associations, institutions, etc. - Canada - Records and correspondence, 1908-1978 Canadian General Council of the Boy Scouts Association. Executive Committee, 1920-1968
- Boys - Canada - Societies and clubs, 1908-1978 Commonwealth Conference, [between 1961, and 1971]
- Boy Scouts of Canada - Meetings, [1908-1978] World Conference, [between 1963 and 1971]
- Boy Scouts - Congresses, [1908-1978] Inter-American Scout Committee, n.d., 1967-1976
- Boy Scouts of Canada - Records and correspondence, 1908-1978 Inter-American Conference, [between 1968 and 1976]
- Boy Scouts of Canada - Administration, 1947-1978 Boy Scouts of America (U.S.), n.d., 1947-1978
- Boy Scouts - History, 1908-1978 Museum of Canadian Scouting, n.d., 1908-1976
- Museum of Canadian Scouting - Administration, [1908-1976] Northwest Territories Scout Council, n.d., 1955-1977
- Scouts and scouting - Canada, [1908-1978] News Around the World, n.d., 1955-1977
- Scouts and scouting - Canada, Northern, n.d., 1955-1977 Northern News, n.d., 1955-1977
- Scouts and scouting - Periodicals, [1955-1977] "Scouting in Canada North," n.d., 1955-1977
- Confederation - Centennial, [1926-1978] Canadian Citizen Council, 
- Expo 67 (Montréal, Québec), 1963-1970 Canadian Centenary Council, 
- Fathers of Confederation - Biography, 1927 Man and His World (Montreal, Quebec), 1968-1969
- Osaka (Japan) - Exhibitions, 1970 La Fédération des Scouts catholiques de la province de Québec, [between 1933 and 1960]
- Boy Scouts - Canada - Jamborees, [1908-1978] Canadian General Council of Catholic Scouts and Guides, 1960-1961
- Boy Scouts - Songs and music, n.d., 1955 Association des Scouts Catholiques du Canada, 1960-1961
- Boy Scouts - England - Jamborees, 1920, 1929, 1957 L'Association des Scouts du Canada, [between 1933 and 1977]
- Boy Scouts - Austria - Jamborees, 1951 L'Association des éclaireurs eurs de Baden-Powell, [between 1933 and 1977]
- Boy Scouts - Phillipines - Jamborees, 1959 Scottish International Patrol Jamborettes, 1956-1976
- Boy Scouts - Greece - Jamborees, n.d., [between 1962 and 1969] Jubilee "J.I.M." (Jamboree Indaba Moot) (England), 1957
- Boy Scouts - Japan - Jamborees, n.d., 1966-1972
- Boy Scouts - Norway - Jamborees, n.d., 1973-1976
- Boy Scouts of Canada - Annual reports, [1914-1950]
- Boy Scouts - Poland, 1956-1957
- Church work with youth - Canada - Catholic Church, n.d., 1933-1977
- Boy Scouts of Canada - Committees, [1908-1978]
- Boy Scouts - Quebec (Province), n.d., 1933-1977
- Scouts and scouting - Poland, 1956-1957
- Ethnic groups, 1961
- Ottawa (Ont.) - Boy Scouts - Jamborees, 1953, 1961
- Boy Scouts - Northwest Territories - Jamborees, 1973
- Boy Scouts - Camporees, n.d., 1952-1972
- Boy Scouts - Indabas, n.d., 1952-1972
- Boy Scouts - Moots, n.d., 1952-1972
- Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ont.) - Boy Scouts - Jamborees, 1955
- Boy Scouts - Jamborees - Idaho, 1967
- Yellowknife (N.W.T.) - Boy Scouts - Jamborees, 1968
- Churchill (Man.) - Boy Scouts - Jamborees, 1970
- Fort Smith (N.W.T.) - Boy Scouts - Jamborees, 1970
- Exhibitions - Canada, 1967
- Canada - Fairs, 1967
- Exhibitions - Japan, 1970
- Boys - Socities and clubs, 1908-1978
- Source :
- Ancien no de référence archivistique :
Pour réserver ou acheter des documents
- Conditions d'accès :
- Modalités d'utilisation :
Photographs: No restrictions. Various copyright on items less than 50 years old. Copyright expired on items more than 50 years old. Credit: Name of photographer / National Archives of Canada / Copy negative no.
Prints: No restrictions. Copyright unknown. Credit: National Archives of Canada.
Sound recordings: Reproduction and use in any form requires the written permission of the copyright holder.
Moving images: Reproduction and use in any form requires the permission of the copyright holder and in some cases of the donor; please see item-level descriptions.
Cartographic material: There are no restrictions on access to or reproduction of this material. Credit Library and Archives Canada. Researchers are requested to adhere to the Canadian Copyright Act.
Medal: No restrictions on use. Copyright unknown. Credit: Library and Archives Canada.
- Date de modification :