Joseph Thorarinn Thorson fonds [multiple media]
Notice descriptive – Brève1
Joseph Thorarinn Thorson fonds [multiple media]Niveau hiérarchique :FondsDate :1890-1978.Référence :R5018-0-7-E, MG31-E38Genre de documents :Documents textuels, Documents photographiques, Documents sonores, Cartes et documents cartographiquesTrouvé dans :Archives / Collections et fondsNo d’identification :103780Contexte de cette notice :
Notice descriptive – DétailsFonds comprend :13 description(s) de niveau inférieurVoir description(s) de niveau inférieurDate(s) :1890-1978.Lieu de création :CanadaÉtendue :8.58 m of textual records.
89 photographs : b&w and col.
2 audio reels (1 h, 30 min).
1 audio disc (ca. 10 min).
11 mapsLangue du document :anglaisPortée et contenu :Fonds consists of a number of large series including World War I letters; political files; International Commission of Jurists; bilingualism; subject files; personal files; family correspondence and, Exchequer Court files.
Fonds also consists of photographic material including portraits of Joseph Thorarinn Thorson; family members; Thorson as member of international juridical organization; Mr. Justice J.T. Thorson at an international convention of jurists, Athens, Greece, ca. 1955; portraits of Joseph T. Thorson and Mrs. Thorson; group photo of the Winnipeg Falcons executive, 1936; war veterans of the Parliament and of the Press Gallery, 1936; visits of Mr. Thorson in Greece, India, Great Britain, and Frobisher Bay, Northwest Territories; portraits of William Lyon Mackenzie King, 1937, 1940; photo of John McCauley, 1940; daguerreotypes of an unidentified couple.
Fonds also includes sound recordings consisting of a speech given by J.T. Thorson; a Supreme Court decision; a CBO recording on 16 September 1941, of an address by J.T. Thorson, as Minister of National War Services.
Fonds consists of electoral maps of Manitoba, maps pertaining to a court case addressing a property dispute in Nepean Township (Ontario), maps of Iceland, a map documenting the evolution of Canada's provincial boundaries and a map outlining northern development in British Columbia.Provenance :Instrument de recherche :Textual records (Électronique) The finding aid consists of descriptive file lists, arranged alphabetically or chronologically depending on the series. MSS1311 (90: Ouvert)
http://data2.collectionscanada.gc.ca/pdf/pdf001/p000000903.pdfPhotographs (accession no. 1982-194) (Papier) See "Photographic inventories, indexes, and caption lists arranged by accession number." FA-500 (Limites non établies)Cartographic material (Papier) Please consult lower level descriptions. Finding aid consists of an itemized listing. Thorson, J.T. 81202/2510. Available in the main reference room. (90: Ouvert)Information additionnelle :Vedette-matière :
- World War, 1914-1918
- War and society, 1917-1918, 1941-1942 Canada. Canadian Army. 323rd Battalion, [1917-1918]
- Soldiers - Family relationships, 1917-1918 Canada. Canadian Army. 11th Canadian Reserve Battalion, [1917-1918]
- Soldiers - Canada - Correspondence, 1917-1918 Canada. Supreme Court, [1968-1974]
- Aileen Thorson - Correspondence, 1917-1918 Canada. Dept. of National War Services, [194-]
- Women and war - Canada, 1917-1918 Canada. National Resources Mobilization Act, [1941-1942]
- Canada. Income Tax Act, [1968-1974]
- Canada. Parliament. House of Commons - Committees, 1920, 1936-1941 New Brunswick. Supreme Court, [1968-1974]
- Canada - Officials and employees, 1928-1941 Appraisal Institute of Canada, [1921-1978]
- Canada Foundation, [1921-1978]
- Disarmament, [1928-1944] Canadian Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, [1921-1978]
- Canada. Parliament. House of Commons - Constituents, 1926, 1929 Canadian Citizenship Council, [1921-1978]
- World politics, [1928-1944] Canada. Exchequer Court, 1942-1964
- Emigration and immigration law - Canada, [1926-1941] Composers, Authors and Publishers Association of Canada, [1925-1978]
- Pensions - Canada, [1926-1941] Patent and Trademark Institute of Canada, [1921-1978]
- Canada. Parliament - Elections, 1926 International Commission of Jurists, [1907-1976]
- World War II - Canada, 1941-1942 Imperial Conference, 1941
- International Commission of Jurists - Records and correspondence, 1951-1978 League of Nations, 1928, 1932, 1938-1944
- International law - Canada, 1951-1978
- Canada - Languages - Political aspects, 1954-1978
- Rule of law, 1951-1978
- Judicial review, 1951-1978
- Legal documents - Canada, 1970-1974
- Law and politics, 1970-1974
- Law - Canada - Cases, 1970-1974
- Single Canada League - Records and correspondence, 1968-1975
- Political activists - Canada, 1968-1975
- Joseph Thorarinn Thorson - Family, 1916-1928
- Bilingualism - Canada
- Hommes politiques Canada
- Politicians Canada
- Great Britain
- World war, 1914-1918 Canada
Pour réserver ou acheter des documentsModalités d'utilisation :Photographs (except those by Y. Karsh): No restrictions on use or reproduction. Various copyrights on items less than 50 years old; copyright expired on items greater than 50 years old. Credit: name of photographer / National Archives of Canada / copy negative number.
Photographs by Y. Karsh: See accession no. 1987-054 for restrictions and copyright.
Sound recordings: Reproduction or use in any form requires the written permission of the copyright holders.
Cartographic material: No restrictions on access. Reproduction subject to copyright act regulations. Credit: Library and Archives Canada.
- Date de modification :