Harry Orr and Dorothy Jenkins McCurry fonds [textual record, graphic material]
Notice descriptive – Brève1
Harry Orr and Dorothy Jenkins McCurry fonds [textual record, graphic material]Niveau hiérarchique :FondsDate :1845-1973.Référence :R5720-0-0-E, MG30-D186Genre de documents :Documents textuels, Art, Documents photographiquesTrouvé dans :Archives / Collections et fondsNo d’identification :103570Contexte de cette notice :
Notice descriptive – DétailsFonds comprend :11 description(s) de niveau inférieurVoir description(s) de niveau inférieurDate(s) :1845-1973.Lieu de création :Sans lieu, inconnu ou indéterminéÉtendue :1.13 m of textual records.
4 paintings tempra, oil.
5 watercolours watercolour and pencil, with process prints.
33 drawings pencil, pen and ink, chalk.
414 prints etching, aquatint, lithograph, silkscreen, linocut, wood engraving, reproductions, and process prints.
231 photographs 2 dauerreotypes, 229 b&w.Langue du document :anglaisPortée et contenu :Fonds consists of papers of Harry Orr and Dorothy Jenkins McCurry concerning their public life, their careers and their involvement with the arts, as well as their private interests, personal friends and family. This includes correspondence, 1922-1970, 10 cm; correspondence and memoranda, 1913-1963, 45 cm; memorabilia and personal files, 1917-1951, 5 cm; account books, 1918, 1935-1952, 5 cm; notebook and address books, 10cm; manuscripts, 1935-1966, 10 cm; subject files, 1904-1962, 5 cm; printed material, 1912-1973, 20 cm; additional papers, 1901-1964, 3 cm.
Fonds also consists of two large collections of Christmas and greeting cards, as well as individual drawings and prints including portraits of Harry McCurry by Pegi Nichol McLeod, and Mackenzie King and his dog Pat by Arthur Lismer.
Photographic material consists of black and white photographs including portraits of the poet Archibald Lampman, his sister, his wife and daughter Natalie, Lord Aberdeen, William Lyon Mackenzie King, Lord and Lady Tweedsmuir, members of the Jenkins family including Dorothy Jenkins (later McCurry), Harry McCurry, Duncan Campell Scott, Reginald Brock, Marian Jenkins Brock, Dorothy James visiting W.L.M. King at Kingsmere, Quebec, as well as various Canadian artists and sculptors including Frances Loring. Some photographs in the fonds are by John Vanderpant, G.T. Wadds, and Artona Studio.Provenance :Biographie/Histoire administrative :McCurry, Harry Orr, 1889-1964 : Harry Orr McCurry (1889-1964) was born and educated in Ottawa, Ontario. In 1919, he joined the National Gallery, eventually becoming Director, 1939-1955. During his career, he wrote and published a number of works relating to art. In 1925, he married Dorothy Jenkins (1889-1973), daughter of Ottawa musicians F.M.S. and Annie Jenkins and niece of poet Archibald Lampman.
McCurry, Dorothy, 1889-1973 : Dorothy Jenkins (1889-1973), was the daughter of Ottawa musicians F.M.S. and Annie Jenkins and niece of poet Archibald Lampman. Dorothy Jenkins was the Ladies Figure Skating Champion of Canada, 1922 and 1923. A contralto, she studied music in Paris, France, 1924, and after her return to Canada performed in many concerts. In 1925, she married Harry Orr McCurry. See: Encyclopedia Canadiana, vol. 6, p. 242.Instrument de recherche :Textual: (Électronique) The finding aid is a file list. MSS1001 (90: Ouvert)
http://data2.archives.ca/pdf/pdf001/p000001606.pdfSome item level descriptions available on-line in MINISIS-DAPDCAP (Électronique) 1973-257, 1974-69, 1975-241, 1976-187, 1976-201, 1979-232, 1982-52, 1984-52Description available on-line in MINISIS-ICON. (Électronique) 1974-10, 1976-87, 1976-94, 1979-69, 1974-74, 1983-129Information additionnelle :Vedette-matière :
- Harry Orr McCurry - Correspondence, 1922-1970 Lawren Harris, [n.d.]
- Dorothy Jenkins McCurry - Correspondence, 1922-1970 National Film Society of Canada, [1935-1951]
- William Lyon Mackenzie King - Correspondence, [1922-1950] Canadian Film Institute, [1951-1962]
- Arthur Lismer - Correspondence, [1913-1963] Canadian Club, [1904-1962]
- D.W. Buchanan - Correspondence, [1913-1963] Amateur Skating Association of Canada, [1901-1964]
- Gustave Lanctôt - Correspondence, [1922-1970] Quebec Ladies' Musical Club, [1904-1962]
- Marius Barbeau - Correspondence, [1922-1969] Ottawa School Project, [1904-1962]
- Duncan Campbell Scott - Correspondence, [1922-1947] Kingsmere Festival of the Arts, [1904-1962]
- Elise Scott - Correspondence, [19- ] Society for Art Publications, [1904-1962]
- Charles Comfort - Correspondence, [19- ] R. Brock, [1912-1973]
- A.Y. (Alexander Young) Jackson - Correspondence, [1922-1970] K. Fenwick, [1912-1973]
- Group of Seven (Canadian painters), 1922-1970 Saskatchewan, [1912-1973]
- Painting, Canadian, 1922-1970 Canadian War Memorial Collection of Art, [1912-1973]
- Painting, Modern - 20th century - Canada, 1922-1970 Edward William Thomson, [19- ]
- Emily Carr - Correspondence, [1913-1945] Royal Society of Canada, [1912-1973]
- David Milne - Correspondence, [1913-1953] Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, [1912-1975]
- Alan Jarvis - Correspondence, [1913-1963] Memoirs of a Canadian Artist, [19- ]
- Duncan Campbell Scott - Biography, 1917-1951 Arts and Letters Club, [1901-1964]
- David Brock - Biography, 1917-1951
- Personal paraphernalia, 1917-1951
- Armed Forces - Pay, allowances, etc., 1918
- Eric Brown - Manuscripts, [19- ]
- Dorothy Jenkins McCurry - Authorship, [1935-1966]
- Dorothy Jenkins McCurry - Songs and music, [1935-1966]
- Radio scripts, [1935-1966]
- Ottawa (Ont.) - Poets, Canadian, [1935-1966]
- Ruth Ruggles - Authorship, [1935-1966]
- Drama, [1935-1966]
- Skating, [1912-1973]
- War in art, [1912-1973]
- Church records and registers, [1901-1964]
- War - Caricatures and cartoons, [1912-1973]
- National Gallery of Canada - Records and correspondence, 1901-1964
- Edmund Dyonnet - Manuscripts, [19- ]
- Books, [1901-1964]
Pour réserver ou acheter des documents
- Date de modification :