RCMP Headquarters central registry files [multiple media]
Notice descriptive – Brève
RCMP Headquarters central registry files [multiple media]
- Niveau hiérarchique :
- Date :
- Référence :
- R196-150-4-E, RG18-F-1, RG18M 90140, RG18M 81203/25, RG18M 934021
- Ancien no du BAN :
- 118-000031-5, 118-040275-8
- Genre de documents :
- Documents textuels, Dessins d'architecture et techniques, Cartes et documents cartographiques, Art, Documents photographiques, Images en mouvement, Documents sonores
- Trouvé dans :
- Archives / Collections et fonds
- No d’identification :
- Lien vers cette page :
Le lien correspond à la page Web qui décrit ce document en particulier. Contrairement au lien temporaire de votre navigateur, celui-ci vous permettra à l’avenir d’accéder à cette page et de la citer comme référence. Pour établir un lien avec cette notice, copier-coller l’adresse URL à l’endroit désiré (dans un wiki, un blogue ou un document).http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.redirect?app=fonandcol&id=134176&lang=fra
- Contexte de cette notice :
Notice descriptive – Détails
- Série comprend :
15580 description(s) de niveau inférieurVoir description(s) de niveau inférieur
- Date(s) :
- Équivalent bilingue :
- Lieu de création :
- Étendue :
489.25 m of textual records.
220 technical drawings.
193 photographs : negatives col.
607 photographs: 139 col. and 468 col. slides.
22.6 MB of textual electronic records 680 word-processed files; 6 data files.
25 audio cassettes.
24 video cassettes.
3 prints : col. posters.
7 architectural drawings
- Langue du document :
- Langue du document additionnelle :
- anglais, français
- Portée et contenu :
Series consists of central registry files created and/or maintained by Headquarters. In 1920 the Force underwent a major re-organization following the passage of 10 Geo. V, c.28. An Act to amend the Royal Northwest Mounted Police Act. Changes under the Act include the change of name to The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the relocation of the Commissioner to Ottawa, a revision of the responsibilities of the offices of the Commissioner, the Comptroller and the absorption of the services performed by the Dominion Police including security and intelligence services. At this time a new records-keeping system was instituted to replace those of the NWMP and RNWMP. Some records from the previous system, (Series A), were incorporated into the new system. These records reflect the operations and functions of the Force since 1920. They cover the areas of administration and finance, conferences, commissions, committees and task forces, planning, information management, the organizational study of the Security Service, the re-organization of divisions and detachments to reflect the contract policing carried out for the provinces and municipalities that use their services. Records on personnel pertain to complaints and grievance procedures, medical and dental care programmes, awards to members of the Force. Other records relate to land and buildings, messes, ceremonies, celebrations held for the centennial of the RCMP in 1973, geographical features named after RCMP personnel, changes in uniforms and equipment as well as liaison with other police forces or law enforcement agencies on a national and international level. Other types of records appearing in this series include the purchase and maintenance of equipment for the marine, Transport and Air divisions. This series also consists of drawings prepared or acquired by the Marine Division, including plans of the RCMP Wood, the motor launch Victoria and other vessels. Maps pertain to RCMP land reserves in Churchill, Prince Albert, Fort Smith, Aklavik and Tuktoyaktuk, 1883-1970. Sub-series also consists of negatives and photographs of fingerprint operations and Police week held for the 75th Anniversary of the RCMP, Ottawa, 1986; two photographs of exterior signs, RCMP buildings, Ottawa, 1983.
- Provenance :
- Biographie/Histoire administrative :
Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Headquarters Division : In 1920, A Division in Maple Creek was reassigned to the National Capital Region in Ottawa where it became known as Headquarters Division. Headquarters was briefly absorbed by A Division between 1947 and 1953. The following year Headquarters was reinstated as a division and retained divisional status until 1987. National Headquarters is currently composed of directorates under the responsibility of the Deputy Commissioner National Headquarters.
- Instrument de recherche :
Textual records (Papier) The finding aid is a typed card index created by the RCMP relating to files pertaining to the RCMP centennial (Vols. 4861-4911). This index must be ordered like a regular file. 18-15 (90: Ouvert)Textual records (Électronique) The finding aid 18-55 is a file list relating to volumes 7984-8134; 8683; 11180-11276; 12021-12262; 12964-13030; 13601-13648 (formerly FA 18-68). The finding aid can be found by accessing the lower level descriptions attached to this record. There is also a list for the digital files in volume 14141. 18-55 (66:Expurgé)Textual records (Électronique) The finding aid is a file list relating to volumes 7650-7983. 18-55 (32: Restreint selon la loi)Technical drawings (Papier) Finding aid is available in the main reference room. RG18M 81203/25. (90: Ouvert)Cartographic material (Électronique) Finding aid RG18M 934021. Please consult lower level descriptions. Paper finding aid is available in the main reference room RG18M 934021 (90: Ouvert)Textual records (Électronique) The finding aid's file level descriptions for RG18 volumes 3148-3193; 3474-3515; 3534-3544; 3577-3775; 3779; 4587-4830; 4861-4911 can be accessed through the "consists of" field in the MIKAN record. A paper copy is also available in the Reference room 18-22 (90: Ouvert)Textual records (Électronique) The severed finding aid 18-22 can be found by accessing the lower level descriptions attached to this record. Finding aid is a severed file list relating to RG18 volumes 9402-10032. The finding aid is also available as a PDF attached to this record. 18-22 PDF (66:Expurgé)
http://data2.archives.ca/pdf/pdf002/18-22_134176_volumes_9732-10032_severed.pdfTextual records (Électronique) Finding aid is a computer generated file list relating to RG18 volumes 13186-13302. 18-22 (32: Restreint selon la loi)Audio-Visual records (Électronique) Finding aid is a computer generated file list relating to R196 volumes 10033-10034 18-22 (99: Fermé pour fins de traitement)Architectural, technical drawings (Papier) Finding aid is available in the main reference room. Note that the date given for item #17 in the finding aid should read 1972, not 1872. RG18M 90140 (90: Ouvert)
- Information additionnelle :
- Note sur l'état de conservation :
- Cartographic material : Some wear and tear due to folding of maps.
- Historique de la conservation :
- RG18M 81203/25 - transferred to the NMC from Federal Archives Division, RG18, F5, in 1982. RG18M 934021 - transferred to VSA from Government Archives Division, RG18, Series F1 "Headquarters Registry Files", vol. 4642, file GS-1390-2 (1981, Supplement A) in January 1994. RG18M 90140 - transferred to the Archives from RCMP Headquarters, Ottawa, Communications and Media Relations Division.
- Données mathématiques sur les documents :
- Scales differ.
- Versements complémentaires :
- Further accruals are expected.
- Groupes de documents reliés :
- Several maps dating from 1883 to 1970 have been transferred to the Visual and Sound Archives Division. See appendix 4.2 in the old RG18 General Inventory., Aircraft registration and maintenance records are available in the records of the Department of Transport, Air Transport Administration., Other relevant documents may be found in the records of the Commission of Inquiry Relating to Public Complaints, Internal Discipline and Grievance Procedure Within the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Marin Commission, 1974-1975), in the former record group RG 33/71., See also the operational records found in the series General operational records of the RCMP (MIKAN 158154, R196-25-1-E).
- Note(s) sur le contenant :
7052 : Originally part of volume 3762.
7054 : Originally part of volume 3762.
7055 : Originally part of volume 3762.
7056 : Originally part of volume 3762.
7053 : Originally part of volume 3762.
- Source :
- Ancien no de référence archivistique :
- Autre no d'acquisition :
Pour réserver ou acheter des documents
- Conditions d'accès :
- Modalités d'utilisation :
Copyright belongs to the Crown. Credit Library and Archives Canada. In order to protect the fragile originals, the microfilm copies of these records must be consulted rather than the originals.
- Date de modification :