Trevor Lloyd fonds [multiple media]
Notice descriptive – Brève
Trevor Lloyd fonds [multiple media]
- Niveau hiérarchique :
- Date :
- Référence :
- R1527-0-3-E, MG30-B97
- Genre de documents :
- Documents textuels, Documents photographiques, Cartes et documents cartographiques, Art, Documents sonores
- Trouvé dans :
- Archives / Collections et fonds
- No d’identification :
- Lien vers cette page :
Le lien correspond à la page Web qui décrit ce document en particulier. Contrairement au lien temporaire de votre navigateur, celui-ci vous permettra à l’avenir d’accéder à cette page et de la citer comme référence. Pour établir un lien avec cette notice, copier-coller l’adresse URL à l’endroit désiré (dans un wiki, un blogue ou un document).http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.redirect?app=fonandcol&id=105350&lang=fra
- Contexte de cette notice :
Notice descriptive – Détails
- Fonds comprend :
20 description(s) de niveau inférieurVoir description(s) de niveau inférieur
- Date(s) :
- Lieu de création :
- Sans lieu, inconnu ou indéterminé
- Étendue :
9.1 m of textual records.
1437 photographs 2 col.
6 prints posters.
7 audio reel (ca. 5 h, 26 min).
- Langue du document :
- Portée et contenu :
Fonds consists of records relating to Vilhjalmur Stefansson, original, 1943-1963, 1979, 30 cm, photocopy, 3 cm; Ungava Iron Ore Study, original, 1954-1971, 55 cm; International Geographical Congress and International Cartographic Congress, Canadian Association of Geographers, original, 1953-1962, 1969-1972, 40 cm; polar and geographical studies and research, original, 1942-1975, 2.85 m; Arctic Institute of North America, original, 1.2 m; T. Lloyd personal, Debating Tour of Canada, original, 1923-1970, 20 cm; life in Winnipeg, original, 1930-1940, 20 cm; geography teaching and research, original, 1937-1972, 1.65 m; public service positions, speeches, original, 1934-1938, 1939-1965, 25 cm; political and international affairs, original, 1943-1977, 90 cm; and lists of publications and other documents by Trevor Lloyd, photocopy, 1931-1982, 60 cm.
Also included are photographs documenting the career of Dr. Trevor Lloyd as a teacher, professor of geography, and as geographical consultant, 1926-1974.
The fonds also includes sound recordings of CBC Northern Showcase, a radio program featuring Trevor Lloyd, and interviews with Lloyd about Canadian soverignty in the Arctic and isolated communities, 1970-1976.
The fonds also includes as maps, atlases and posters collected by Mr. Lloyd.
- Provenance :
- Biographie/Histoire administrative :
Lloyd, Trevor, 1906-1995 : Trevor Lloyd, professor, was born in 1906 at London and grew up in Wales. In 1930, Lloyd and J. Mitchell toured Canada as representatives of the National Union of Students of Great Britain, to debate Canadian teams. He became president of the National Union of Students of Great Britain in 1931. From 1931 to 1936 he was a member of the teaching staff of Ravenscourt private school in Winnipeg. In 1936 he was hired by the Winnipeg Public School Board to establish a geography course. In 1941 he became Assistant Professor of Geography at Carleton College, Minnesota. Later in 1941, he moved to Dartmouth College, Vermont where he was a full professor, 1944-1959. At Dartmouth he was closely associated with V. Stefansson in Arctic research. In 1959 Lloyd became Professor of Human Geography & Chairman of the Geography Department at McGill. He was Director of the Centre for Northern Studies and Research until his retirement from McGill in 1977. In 1978 he became Director of the Association of Canadian Universities for Northern Studies. He held several government posts, two of which were Canadian Consul in Greenland 1944-1945 and chief of the Geographical Bureau 1947-48. He has published a number of books, textbooks and articles, including The Geographer's World and Canada and Her Neighbours.
- Instrument de recherche :
Textual records (Électronique) The finding aid is a file list with brief notations on the contents of each file. The list is divided into four sections volumes 1-19, volumes 20-42, volume 43 and volumes 44-46. MSS1043 (90: Ouvert)
- Information additionnelle :
- Note générale :
- Volumes 1-19 were received in 1976, volumes 20-42 in 1977, volume 43 in 1979 and volumes 44-46 in 1983 from Dr. T. Lloyd.
- Vedette-matière :
- Arctic regions - Discovery and exploration, 1934-1975, 1979 Vilhjalmur Stefansson, 1943-1963, 1979
- Arctic regions - Exploring expeditions, 1943-1963, 1979 The Friendly Arctic, [1943-1963]
- Arctic regions - Research, 1934-1975, 1979 Stefansson Centennial Dinner, 1979
- Explorers - Arctic regions, 1943-1963, 1979 Ungava (Quebec), 1954-1971
- Mines and mineral resources - Quebec (Province), 1954-1971 Cyrus Eaton, 1954-1971
- Iron mines and mining - Quebec (Province), 1954-1971 International Geographical Congress, 1969-1972
- Feasibility studies - Canada, 1954-1971 International Cartographic Congress, 1969-1972
- Harbors - Greenland - Access, 1954-1971 Canadian Association of Geographers, 1953-1962
- Ungava (Quebec) - Iron mines and mining, 1954-1971 Scandinavia, 1942-1975
- Associations, institutions, etc. - Canada, 1933-1972 Soviet Union, 1942-1975
- Geographers - Canada, 1933-1972 Antarctica, 1942-1975
- Conference proceedings - Canada, 1953-1962, 1969-1972 Arctic Institute of North America, 1934-1974
- Cartographers, 1969-1972 Bristol University, Bristol (England), 1923-1970
- Trevor Lloyd - Diaries, 1929-1936 National Union of Students (U.K.), 1931
- Montreal (Quebec) - Conference proceedings, 1972 Ravenscourt, Winnipeg (Man.), 1930-1940
- Geography - Research, 1934-1975 Winnipeg Public School Board, 1930-1940
- Geography - Study and teaching, 1937-1972 J.S. Woodsworth, 1930-1940
- Student activities - Great Britain, 1923-1970 Clark University, Worcester (Mass.), [1930-1940]
- Speeches, addresses, etc., Canadian, 1934-1975 "The Red River Valley of Manitoba", 1930-1940
- Trevor Lloyd - Manuscripts, 1942-1975 Canada. Wartime Information Board, [1939-1965]
- Universities and colleges - Canada, 1929-1936 Geographical Bureau, [1939-1965]
- Debates and debating - Canada, 1929-1936 Canada. Consulate General (Greenland), [1939-1965]
- Teachers - Canada, 1923-1982
- Pacifism, 1930-1940
- Canada - Diplomatic and consular service - Greenland, [1944-1965]
- Czechoslovakia - History - Intervention, 1968, 1968
- Economic assistance, Canadian, [1943-1977]
- Cabinet ministers Canada
- Source :
- Ancien no de référence archivistique :
- Autre no d'acquisition :
Pour réserver ou acheter des documents
- Conditions d'accès :
- Modalités d'utilisation :
Photographs: No restrictions on use. Various copyrights for selected items and items less than 50 years old. Credit: Name of photographer / National Archives of Canada / Copy neg. no.
Maps and atlases: No restrictions on use or reproductions.
Posters: No restrictions on use or reproduction.
Sound recordings: Reproduction and use in any form requires the written permission of the copyright holders.
- Date de modification :