Files of Headquarters and Regional Offices [multiple media]
Record Information – Brief1
Files of Headquarters and Regional Offices [multiple media]Hierarchical level:AccessionDate:1849-1976.Reference:RG11, R182, 1983-84/065 GADType of material:Textual material, PhotographsFound in:Archives / Collections and FondsItem ID number:42460
Record Information – DetailsDate(s):1849-1976.Place of creation:No place, unknown, or undeterminedExtent:68.7 m of textual records.
992 photographs : 616 b&w, 376 b&w negatives.Language of material:EnglishFinding aid:Textual records (Electronic) The finding aid is a computer generated list for volumes 5278-5313, 5374-5437 (previously boxes 1-54) indicating volume number, file number, part number, file title and outside dates. 11-64 (90: Open)Textual records (Paper) The finding aid is a handwritten file list for volumes 3340-3371 and 3469-3548 (previously boxes 95-179). 11-30 (66:Severed)Multiple media (Electronic) Finding aid is an unverified file list containing box number, file and part number, title, and outside dates for accession boxes 409-412, 443-467. The finding aid is available as a PDF attached to this record. 11-217 PDF (66:Severed)
http://data2.archives.ca/pdf/pdf002/11-217_42460_severed.pdfMultiple media (Electronic) Finding Aid 11-75 is a verified list indicating file title, file part, outside dates, and box number for boxes 180-373 and 437-442. 11-75 (90: Open)
http://data2.archives.ca/pdf/pdf002/11-75_42460_Boxes_180-373&437-442_open.pdfAdditional information:General Note:This accession contains records created at the Headquarters office in Ottawa, and in two Regional Offices, Quebec and Ontario.
Headquarters records consist of :
1) Boxes 1-33 : Site files (series 1653); ca.1910-1967 (now RG11, vols 5374-5437).
2) Boxes 34-54 : Dominion Fire Commissioner's files; ca.1940-1977 (now RG11, vols 5278-5313).
3) Boxes 95-179 : Central registry files regarding construction of public buildings and harbours and rivers works; ca.1910-1950 (now RG11, vols 3340-3371; 3469-3548).
Quebec Regional Office consist of :
1) Boxes 180-317 : Harbours and rivers works; ca.1890-1958
2) Boxes 318-319 : Roads to resources files; ca.1950's-1960's
Ontario Regional Office consist of:
1) Boxes 320-373 : Harbours and rivers works; ca.1890-1958
2) Boxes 409-412: Public buildings construction files; ca.1950's-1960's (now R182, vols 5750-5751; 5962-5965; 5993)
3) Boxes 437-438 : Roads to resources files; ca.1950's-1960's
4) Boxes 443-467 : Specifications and consultants agreements files ca.1950's-1960's.
This accession is currently being processed and some records are under archival review.Source:Government
Ordering and Viewing Options
- Date modified: