Canada. Dept. of Indian Affairs. Central Superintendency (Ontario) : The Central (Toronto) Superintendency was established 1 July 1845 (?) and the date of dissolution was 24 July 1882 (o/c 1462). The report of the Bagot Commission in 1845 recommended the creation of a district to supervise the bands previously administered by the Chief Superintendent. The Blue Book of Statistics for the Province of Canada, 1845 (MG 11, C.O. 47, vol 160) indicates that such a superintendency was created. The assumption of the bands administered is based on the 1845 report and the 1882 o/c abolishing the superintendency. The Central (Toronto) Superintendency was composed of the Bay of Quinte (Deseronto or Tyendinaga), Georgina and Snake Islands, Scugog, Rama, Saugeen, Christian Island, Alnwick, Cape Croker, Rice Lake and Mud Lake Reserves. The Superintendency was responsible for the following groups: Chippewas of Christian Island (1845-1882); Chippewas of Georgina Island (1845-1882); Chippewas of Nawash (1845-1882); Chippewas of Rama (1845-1882); Chippewas of Saugeen (1845-1882); Chippewas of Snake Island (1845-1882); Mississaugas of Alnwick (1845-1882); Mississaugas of Mud Lake (1845-1882) Mississaugas of Rice Lake (1845-1882); Mississaugas of Scugog (1845-1882); Mississaugas of the Credit (1845-?); and Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte (1845-1882). After dissolution the successor agencies were: Alnwick Agency, Cape Croker Agency, Lake Simcoe Agency, Penetanguishene Agency, Rama Agency, Rice and Mud Lake Agency, Saugeen Agency, Scugog Agency, and Tyendinaga Agency. Finding aid 10-157: Guide to Indian Affairs Field Office Organization in Ontario, 1845-1990.