Record Information – Brief
- Hierarchical level:
- 9 May 1838.
- R977-61-9-E, Volume number: 16
- Type of material:
- Found in:
- Archives / Collections and Fonds
- Item ID number:
- Link to this page:
This link identifies the web page describing this particular record. Unlike the temporary link in your browser, this link will allow you to access, and reference, this page in the future. To link to this descriptive record, copy and paste the URL where ever needed (wiki, blog, document).http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.redirect?app=fonandcol&id=3994575&lang=eng
- Context of this record:
Record Information – Details
- 9 May 1838.
- Atlantic Ocean:
- Place of creation:
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- 1 watercolour: pencil and watercolour on wove paper; 16x24 cm (image); 26x36 cm (folio)
- Language of material:
- Scope and content:
The subject is a genre scene depicting a soldier sitting in profile with his back to the rail, splicing line. He is wearing wide-legged trousers, a short jacket with a round-cut collar and a Balmoral bonnet with a diced band and a toorie. In the foreground are several pieces of cloth, some of which appear to be rolled. The roll of cloth nearest to the figure may be a naval ensign. At the right of the work, line is belayed on a cleat next to a fairlead.
- Additional name(s):
- Additional information:
- Physical description note:
- Album of Mary Louisa Lambton, page 18.
- Signatures and inscriptions note:
- Inscription: date and title provided on the artwork; unsigned. Pencil frame drawn with a straight edge.
Ordering and Viewing Options
- Conditions of access:
Credit: Library and Archives Canada, James Bruce, 8th Earl of Elgin, and family fonds (R977). Copyright: expired/périmé.
- Date modified: