Central registry system [textual record]
Record Information – Brief
Central registry system [textual record]
- Hierarchical level:
- R164-14-8-E, RG46-C-II-1, RG46M 890526
- Type of material:
- Textual material
- Found in:
- Archives / Collections and Fonds
- Item ID number:
- Link to this page:
This link identifies the web page describing this particular record. Unlike the temporary link in your browser, this link will allow you to access, and reference, this page in the future. To link to this descriptive record, copy and paste the URL where ever needed (wiki, blog, document).http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.redirect?app=fonandcol&id=134729&lang=eng
- Context of this record:
Record Information – Details
- Series includes:
4361 lower level description(s)View lower level description(s)
- Bilingual equivalent:
- Place of creation:
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
81.10 m of textual records
94 architectural drawings chiefly blueprints
- Language of material:
- Added language of material:
- English, French
- Scope and content:
Series consists of files from the successive central registry systems of the Board of Railway Commissioner (1904-1938), Board of Transport Commissioner (1938-1967), and the Canadian Transport Commission. While the central registry system established by the Board of Transport Commissioner was maintained by the Canadian Transport Commission , the individual committees of the Canadian Transport Commission employed their own records systems, with the Rail, Air, and Water Committees maintaining the records inherited from their predecessors. The series contains records of all departments and branches of the Board of Transport Commissioners that were maintained in subject files in a single location known as the Central Registry. Correspondence, internal memoranda, reports, and orders relating to a single subject were gathered together in one file, which was allotted a number by which it could be located in the registry. These numbers were not allotted in a logical order, and files on closely related subjects (for example, fatal accidents to individuals) may appear in many different portions of the numerical system. RG46M 890526: Consists of drawings for various Canadian railway companies.
- Finding aid:
Textual records (Electronic) Finding aid 46-21 is a computer generated file list. 46-21 (90: Open)Architectural drawing (Electronic) Finding aid consists of an itemized list, sorted by railway. The finding aid is available as a PDF attached to this record. RG46M 890526 (90: Open)
- Additional information:
- Source of title:
- Title is based on the contents of the series.
- Custodial history:
- RG46M 890526: Transferred in Jan. 1990 from Government Archives Division the following volumes (and files): Vol. 1414 File 11397; Vol. 1414 File 11398 Part 1; Vol. 1414 File 11398 Part 2; Vol. 1415 File 11398.1 Part 2; Vol. 1415 File 11398.1 Part 3 and Vol. 1415 File 11952.
- Cartographic math data:
- RG46M 890526 - architectural drawings: Scales differ.
- Availability of other formats note:
- The electronic images attached to files in this series result from a reprography request; not all files in the series have yet been digitized.
- Copy/version note:
- RG46M 890526 - All of the items have been microfilmed. The microfiche numbers (NMC 119996-NMC 120089) are listed in the finding aid.
- Further accruals are expected.
- Related material:
- See also the related central registry files found in the Rail Transport Committee series (RG46-F, MIKAN 134730, R164-15-X-E, Vols. 1820-1910) and in the Telecommunications Committee series (RG46-F-I, R164, Vols. 1622-1756). These Committees of the Canadian Transport Commission maintained and utilized the records inherited from their predecessors., Oversized blueprints and toll route maps included in these files were transferred to the National Map Collection, accession 86703/34. Photographs included in these files were transferred to the Art and Photography Collection, accession 1987-012.
- Former archival reference no.:
Ordering and Viewing Options
- Date modified: